We cultivate advisory relationships that provide decision making financial guidance along the ever-changing pathways of life.
Symphonic Financial Advisors was founded in 2005 as a solution for investment professionals and CPAs to provide premier, customized investment guidance and financial solutions to their clients. In 2013, City National Bank acquired Symphonic, further expanding our advisor’s access to investment research, analytics, trust services and portfolio management capabilities while enhancing the global reach of our investment teams.
Symphonic is dedicated to delivering premier resources that provide timely, relevant guidance to life’s uncertainty. Today, Symphonic has grown to 27 Registered Financial Advisors, in 16 National Financial Advisor Offices managing over $750 Million in client assets.
Garrett D’Alessandro, CFA, CAIA, AIF®
Chief Executive Officer
- Leads the strategic direction, portfolio management, and investment research of Symphonic Financial Advisors.
- Received his M.B.A. in finance from the Stern School of Business at New York University.
- Founder of Symphonic Financial Advisors
Kurt Hawkesworth, Esq.
Chief Operations Officer
- Responsible for oversight and administration of the operations of Symphonic.
- Earned his B.A. from New York State University at Stony Brook and his J.D. from Hofstra School of Law.
Michael S. Lukaj, Esq.
Chief Compliance Officer
- Oversees Symphonic’s regulatory compliance of investment advisor activities.
- Earned his B.A. in English Literature at Baruch College and his J.D. from New York Law School.
Gregg Giaquinto, Esq.
Managing Director, Client Services and Operations
- Supervises operations and compliance of Symphonic Financial Advisor practices and technology offerings.
- Received his B.S. in business management from the State University of New York at Old Westbury and his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School.
Dean Russell, CFP®, AIF®
Managing Director, Financial Advisor Practices
- Ensures that Symphonic Advisors maintain the highest standards of investment fiduciary practices.
- Leads Symphonic Insurance Guidance consulting services.
- Earned his B.S. in education from Illinois College and his M.S. in education from the University of Kansas.
Russ Launer, CFP®
Director, Client Services and Operations
- Administration of back office, client service, and logistical functions of Symphonic Financial Advisors.
- Earned his B.A. in communications from the University of Maryland at College Park and is pursuing his Master of Science Degree in Financial Planning at the College for Financial Planning. He is a Certified Financial Planner professional.
Shelly Hall, AIF®, CFIS
Director, Advisor Development
- Responsible for recruitment, training, and development of Symphonic Advisors and CPAs.
- Earned her B.S. in Business Administration with a minor in Political Science from Rockhurst University, graduating summa cum laude.
Joe Calhoun, CFIS
Business Systems and Advisor Technology
- Responsible for selection, implementation, integration, training, and maintenance of advisor business technology.
- Earned his B.S. in Finance with a Minor in Computer Science from Loyola University in Chicago.
New Accounts and Account Administration
- Assists with the opening of new accounts, client service requests, and account maintenance projects.
Routing of Customers Orders
Symphonic Securities, Symphonic Financial Advisor’s broker/dealer, is committed to providing the best execution for your orders. When determining where to send orders for a client’s account, we take a number of factors into consideration, including: execution price and opportunity for price improvement, order size, speed and accuracy of the execution, the availability of efficient and reliable order handling systems, the level of service provided, and the cost of executing orders at a particular market center. These factors are a “cost” of investing that can influence portfolio returns beyond the stated commission rate.
In conformance with SEC Rule 606 (formerly SEC 11Ac1-6), Symphonic Securities makes available quarterly reports that provide a general overview of order routing practices. To see this quarter’s report, please click on the date link below.